They are exactly the same logs - one lot are dried in a kiln and the other air-dried in our polytunnels using sun and wind (Mother Natures Kiln) and both end up under 20% moisture and are both Woodsure Approved.
Kiln-Drying is both wasteful and environmentally unsustainable with kilns burning 24 hours a day. We have to burn 30% of our firewood timber to kiln-dry the other 70%
Our Air-Dried Logs dry in open-ended polytunnels using the wind and rain (Mother Natures Kiln) to achieve firewood logs with a similar moisture content as kiln-dried with no wood wasted and.... they are less expensive as 100% of the wood goes into producing firewood.
The only concession is you store them in a dry airy place.